Projects in Progress:
- "Women in Electoral Politics: An Account of Exclusion." 2020. In Pakistan's Political Parties: Against All Odds, edited by Niloufer Siddiqui, Mariam Mufti and Sahar Shafqat. Georgetown University Press.
- "Canvassing the Gatekeepers: A Field Experiment to Improve Women's Turnout in Pakistan's General Election". (With Ali Cheema, Asad Liaqat & Shandana Khan Mohmand) Revise and Resubmit.
- “COVID-19 and the Crisis of Childcare: Evidence from the United States” (with Annabelle Hutchinson & Hilary Matfess) Conditionally Accepted, Journal of Experimental Political Science. Preanalysis Plan
- “COVID-19 Vaccination in the Global South: Comparative Evidence on Attitudes and Decision-making from Pakistan and Nigeria” (with Damilola T. Agbalajobi, Martin Atela, Ali Cheema, Shandana Khan Mohmand and Oyewole Adekunle Oladapo) Working Paper
- “Income shocks, women’s agency, and the gendered impact of COVID-19 in Lahore, Pakistan” (with Ali Cheema & Shandana Khan Mohmand) Working Paper
- “Count Me Out: Gendered Preference Expression in Pakistan” Working Paper. Previously titled: “Personal is Political: Prospects for Women's Substantive Representation in Pakistan”
- “The Empty Promise of Urbanization: Women's Political Participation in Pakistan” (with Ali Cheema, Asad Liaqat, Shandana Khan Mohmand and Shanze Fatima Rauf). Working Paper
- “(When) Can Governments Change Norms around Violence Against Women" (With Macartan Humphreys & Summer Lindsey) Working Paper
- "What Women Want: Gender Gaps in Political Preferences." 2017. In CP: Newsletter of the Comparative Politics Organized Section of the American Political Science Association edited by Matt Golder and Sona Golder. 27(1): 42-49.
- "Ladies Log: Review of Tarini Bedi's 'The Dashing Ladies of Shiv Sena'" for South Asia Summer Reading Group 2019.
- "Where's the Resistance at? Review of Aasim Sajjad Akhtar's 'Politics of Common Sense'" for South Asia Summer Reading Group 2018.
Projects in Progress:
- Pathways to Women’s Substantive Representation in Pakistan (with Ali Cheema, Shandana Khan Mohmand and Solédad Prillaman ) Part of EGAP Metaketa V: Women's Action Committees and Local Services
- Exercising Her Right: Civic and Political Pathways to Women's Political Participation in Pakistan, Phase II (with Ali Cheema, Asad Liaqat and Shandana Mohmand) Part of the Action for Empowerment and Accountability (A4EA) Research Programme
- Countering Gender-Based Violence in Eastern Democratic Republic of Congo (with Jocelyn Kelly and Maarten Voors) In partnership with USAID